What's on your summer must-buy list?

Friday, April 24, 2009

Fashion for the heavy hearted

To anyone whose ever had her heart broken by a dress, 
   
You know the scenario and it's awful- I'm strolling through Bloomie's and a vintage print catches my eye. I push aside a structured jacket and a ruffled blouse to reveal nothing short of perfection. Marc Jacobs, you beautiful man you, how do you excite my tastes every season? The cut is remarkable, the design innovative and for a moment I forget I'm a 23 year-old (almost) college grad with hardly enough funds to afford a Marc Jacobs keychain. Then my eyes hit the price tag, and it's all over. I whimper and tell my shopping buddy, "one day..." 
   
How unfair is it that so many women appreciate the art of fashion, yet so much good fashion is unreasonably expensive? Why should anyone live a single day of her life in cheap fabrics and shoddy fits? No woman should, and no woman has to! 

After several years of retail, a weekly window-shopping routine, and an online shopping compulsion, I'd like to think I've learned a little about finding diamonds in the rough- workable pieces at the right price. So for the next few weeks I'm going to writing about the ways to build a dynamic wardrobe that won't up those credit card payments... and after that I'll be showing you what I've found and where you can find it. 

And because I believe shopping is the ultimate social activity, I want to know what you ladies have found and where you found it- even if it's one of a kind! 

Stay tuned, this summer's styles are sooo fun. 

Dress to Impress, 
    tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment